Frida Botanicals Taper Tonic No. 2 was designed to ease symptoms typically associated with withdrawal from substances such as opioids. Supports emotional balance and mental calm, and may lessen cravings as it calms and stabilizes the nervous system. Also supports the body’s endorphin and natural pain-relief system, and can soften muscle pain and tension. Can be combined with cannabidiol (CBD) for added effectiveness.
Our tonics are extracted in small batches with cane alcohol to maintain balance of phytochemicals as they exist in the plant. Hand crafted in the United States and lab-tested (click here for the most recent testing results). Each bottle contains 2 oz. of tonic (59ml) and a measured dropper (1ml).
Directions: 2ml 3 times daily in water, or as directed. Shake well before using.
Ingredients: (click on ingredients with links for a PDF on their medicinal uses)
- California Poppy: In the same plant family as the Opium Poppy, it has mild sedative and analgesic properties.
- Passionflower: Research has shown it eases the mental symptoms of opioid withdrawal. According to one study, “It may be an effective adjuvant agent in the management of opiate withdrawal.”
- Corydalis: A traditional Chinese medicine pain reliever, it is also called the “Chinese Poppy.” Has been shown to lower cravings and relapse in both morphine and cocaine addiction.
- Skullcap: Used by Native Americans as a sedative and anticonvulsant. According to renowned herbalist Matthew Wood, “Skullcap soothes and quiets irritability of the nervous system.”
- Ginger: A pungent aromatic rhizome that many different studies have found can ease nausea and vomiting.
- Cane alcohol (48-58%) ABV
- Filtered water