Frida Botanicals Taper Tonic No. 1 calms and stabilizes the nervous system which may assist in easing symptoms typically associated with withdrawal from substances such as benzodiazepines. Supports emotional balance and mental calm, and may lessen cravings. This is also a good formula for anxiety reduction, and combines well with cannabidiol (CBD) for added effectiveness.
Our tonics are hand crafted in small batches with cane alcohol to maintain the balance of phytochemicals as they exist in the plant. Made in the United States and lab-tested (click here for the most recent testing results). Each bottle contains 2 oz. of tonic (59ml) and a measured dropper (1ml).
Directions: 2ml 2–3 times daily in water, or as directed. Shake well before using.
Ingredients: (click on ingredients with links for a PDF on their medicinal uses)
- Chamomile: A folk medicine of great antiquity in Europe primarily used for anxiety, pain, fever, and nervous disorders of the stomach and bowels. Research on chamomile demonstrates benefits for anxiety, insomnia, and spasms.
- Skullcap: Historically was called “Mad Dog Weed” due to its reputation for treating epilepsy caused by rabies. Has anti-anxiety and anti-seizure effects, and contains components that bind to the same receptions as benzodiazepines.
- Passionflower: Traditionally used as a remedy for the nervous system to ease insomnia, tension, spasms, and restlessness. One study found it to have the same anxiety-reducing effect as diazepam, a benzodiazepine.
- Valerian: Its sleep-promoting effects have been recognized in Europe since the 18th Century, and it is currently the world’s top-selling herbal supplement for insomnia. Historically it was also used for many other conditions including anxiety, depression, migraine, rheumatic pain, and spasms.
- Eleuthero: Also called Siberian Ginseng, this is an adaptogen that improves the adrenal glands’ resilience to stress and supports recovery from trauma, illness, or injury. Chinese medical books from the 8th Century describe its use to treat rheumatism and physical and psychological fatigue.
- Blue Vervain: In ancient Egypt, it was known as a divine herb believed to come from the tears of the goddess Isis when she wept over the death of the god Osiris. Research on vervain demonstrates benefit for insomnia, anxiety, seizures, and pain.
- Cane alcohol (48-58%) ABV
- Filtered water