Ingredients: (click on ingredients with links for a PDF on their medicinal uses)
- Valerian Root: The world’s top-selling herbal supplement for insomnia, and it’s sedative-hypnotic effects have been recognized in Europe since the 18th Century. Can have an unpleasant taste, so peppermint has been added to this formula to counteract.
- Hops: A member of the cannabis plant family, it is particularly effective for sleep when combined with valerian. One study found a valerian/hops combination increased time spent in deep sleep.
- Chamomile: Reduces anxiety and insomnia by acting on the GABA receptors in the brain, which also bind benzodiazepines.
- Skullcap: Used by Native Americans as a sedative and anticonvulsant. According to renowned herbalist Matthew Wood, “Skullcap soothes and quiets irritability of the nervous system.”
- Passionflower: Research shows benefits for anxiety and insomnia. It also improved sleep quality in a double-blind, placebo-controlled study.
- Peppermint aerial parts
- Cane alcohol (48-58%) ABV
- Filtered water
Directions: 2ml at bedtime in water, or as directed. Shake well before using.