Frida Botanicals Sleep Tonic is formulated to promote the onset of sleep and improved sleep quality. This formula supports emotional and muscle relaxation, and encourages restful and restorative sleep throughout the night. This tonic can be combined with cannabidiol (CBD) for added effectiveness, and is gentle enough to be safely combined with other medications, but please discuss any specific concerns with your personal healthcare provider.
Our tonics are hand crafted in small batches with cane alcohol to maintain the balance of phytochemicals as they exist in the plant. Made in the United States and lab-tested (click here for the most recent testing results). Each bottle contains 2 oz. of tonic (59ml) and a measured dropper (1ml).
Directions: 2ml at bedtime in water, or as directed. Shake well before using.
Ingredients: (click on ingredients with links for a PDF on their medicinal uses)
- Valerian: The world’s top-selling herbal supplement for insomnia, and it’s sedative-hypnotic effects have been recognized in Europe since the 18th Century. Can have an unpleasant taste, so peppermint has been added to this formula to counteract.
- Hops: A member of the cannabis plant family, it is particularly effective for sleep when combined with valerian. One study found a valerian/hops combination increased time spent in deep sleep.
- Chamomile: Reduces anxiety and insomnia by acting on the GABA receptors in the brain, which also bind benzodiazepines.
- Skullcap: Used by Native Americans as a sedative and anticonvulsant. According to renowned herbalist Matthew Wood, “Skullcap soothes and quiets irritability of the nervous system.”
- Passionflower: Research shows benefits for anxiety and insomnia. It also improved sleep quality in a double-blind, placebo-controlled study.
- Peppermint aerial parts
- Cane alcohol (48-58%) ABV
- Filtered water