The plants in this botanical formula have muscle relaxant and anti-inflammatory effects to promote musculoskeletal comfort and support healthy nerve and joint function. This tonic can be combined with cannabidiol (CBD) for added effectiveness.
Caution: Contains a small amount of St. John’s Wort which can have interactions with certain medications. Do not use with antidepressants or antipsychotics unless recommended and monitored by a physician or other healthcare professional. St. John’s Wort also may cause increased photosensitivity in fair-skinned individuals. Limit exposure to the sun and discontinue use in the event of a rash. Frida Botanicals Taper Tonic #2 can be used as alternative for muscle pain relief that does not contain St. John’s Wort if desired.
Our tonics are handcrafted in small batches with cane alcohol to maintain the balance of phytochemicals as they exist in the plant. They are made in the United States and lab-tested (click here for the most recent testing results). Each bottle contains 2 oz. of tonic (59ml) and a measured dropper (1ml).
Directions: 2ml 2–3 times daily in water, or as directed. Shake well before using.
Ingredients: (click on ingredients with links for a PDF on their medicinal uses)
- California Poppy: In the same plant family as the Opium Poppy, it has sedative and analgesic properties.
- Corydalis: A traditional Chinese medicine pain reliever, it is also called the “Chinese Poppy.” Studies show it reduces pain from both inflammation and damaged nerves.
- Solomon’s Seal: A member of the lily family, according to renowned herbalist Matthew Wood, it “lubricates tendons, ligaments, muscles, and joints, and eases all types of arthritis and joint pain.”
- St. John’s Wort: One of the oldest and most extensively investigated medicinal herbs; it reduced nerve pain in mice and increases pain-relieving effects of morphine. Is believed to promote healing of physically damaged nerves.
- Valerian: Research supports its effectiveness in treating anxiety, insomnia, and muscle tension. It acts as a skeletal muscle relaxant in the body.
- Ginger: A pungent aromatic rhizome that has anti-inflammatory effects and has been shown to reduce arthritis pain.
- Cane alcohol (48-58%) ABV
- Filtered water