Frida Botanicals Bodywork Tonic was designed to ease post-treatment muscle discomfort from bodywork. By lessening the tendency of the body to immediately revert to prior patterning, can help with more prolonged benefit from treatment. Contains botanicals that aid in healing, regeneration, and repair of fascia. This tonic can be combined with cannabidiol (CBD) for added effectiveness. Learn more about herbal anti-inflammatory options in this blog post.
Caution: Do not use if have active stomach ulcers.
Our tonics are hand crafted in small batches with cane alcohol to maintain balance of phytochemicals as they exist in the plant, and are made in the United States and lab-tested (click here for the most recent testing results). Each bottle contains 2 oz. of tonic (59ml) and a measured dropper (1ml).
Directions: 2ml 2 times daily in water, one does before and one after bodywork. Shake well before using.
Ingredients: (click on ingredients with links for a PDF on their medicinal uses)
- Fresh Indian Warrior (pedicularis densiflorus): Reduces muscle spasms and pain without causing drowsiness. Used by some bodyworkers and chiropractors so that massage or adjustments hold longer.
- Solomon’s Seal: A member of the lily family, according to renowned herbalist Matthew Wood, it “lubricates tendons, ligaments, muscles, and joints, and eases all types of arthritis and joint pain.”
- Skullcap: A bitter mint that soothes the nervous system, reduces anxiety, and relaxes muscles.
- Echinacea Purpurea Root: Supports regeneration of connective tissue, promotes lymphatic drainage, and boosts immune function.
- Devil’s Claw: Native of the deserts of Southern Africa, is used as an anti-inflammatory in modern herbalism, and is thought to “shift stuck pain.” In animal studies, found to reduce pain, inflammation, and edema.
- Licorice: Has anti-inflammatory effects, and is used in many traditional Chinese medicine formulations as a small part of the formula. It is also an adaptogen that supports healthy response to stress.
- Cane alcohol (48-58%) ABV
- Filtered water